Job Title: Acoustic Scientist
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: West Singapore
Skills Required: Knowledgeable in Acoustics, Proficient in numerical analysis in either MatLab, Python and/or C/C++/C#
This position provides an opportunity to participate in a strategic research and development program shaping the industry’s future technology.
- Work as a team in Global Signal Processing Center of Excellence
- Leading and Conducting research and development in acoustics or sonic logging for solving challenging problems in the oil & gas industry.
- Collaborate with product service lines of the company globally, responsible for technology development, transfer, presentation, and sustaining.
- Publish results in patent applications, technical journals, and conferences.
Required Education and Skills
- A Ph.D. (or equivalent experience) from but not limited to Physics, Mathematics, Geophysics, etc.
- Strong background in STEM.
- Familiar with wave propagation theory;
- Knowledgeable in acoustics (different types of waves, e.g. surface/body waves),
- Has a good understanding of the sensitivities of different wave types in different geometries.
- Knows the response of x-pole sources in different frequency ranges.
- Knowing the applications of different wave types is a big plus.
- Proficient in numerical analysis in either MatLab, Python and/or C/C++/C#
- 5~10 years’ Experience in relevant industries/companies/academia.
- An excellent publication and patent record consistent with experience.
- Passion in solving practical problems, from invention to implementation.
- Demonstrated leadership, teamwork, strong communication skills, and collaborative in complex projects.
- **Candidates having qualifications that exceed job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs.
If interested and having the desired work experience, please apply with your updated CV in word format at Manisha.email@example.com stating your salary expectations & availability to take it forward. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
RMA Consultants Pte Ltd
EA License No. 93C4403
EA Regn. No. R1872602