Our client, an international school, is urgently looking for an enthusiastic and well-qualified Head of Primary & Early Years for their Science City Campus in Guangzhou, China.
The Head of Primary & Early Years is part of the Pedagogical Leadership Team that works closely together to manage all aspects of academic provision at the School.
- Promote and implement the School’s vision, aims, policies and ethos
- Playing an active part in the collaborative working of the School’s Pedagogical Leadership Team, and contributing to the process of strategic pedagogical planning
- Assume the key responsibility for establishing a robust ISM (Engage) platform
- Contribute to the staff selection and appointment process as required
- Attend School functions as appropriate
- Provide reports to the School Board as and when required
- Undertake all such supervisory duties as required of members of the Pedagogical Leadership Team
- Work alongside the Head of Middle School and MYP Co-ordinators to ensure the effective implementation of the PYP, MYP and IGCSE curriculum
- Direct Heads of Departments and other staff to ensure that the planning, resourcing and delivery of PYP subjects complies with the philosophy and expectations of the IB and ISA Guangzhou
- Develop academic partnerships for MYP students, including partnerships with other schools in the international school group
- Provide overall pedagogical leadership to ensure excellent learning and teaching win the Primary & Early Years
- Responsibility for assessment within the Primary & Early Years
- Prepare and efficiently managing annual budgets for the Primary & Early Years
- Undertake strategic review of the programme, its performance and its contribution to the aims and educational philosophy of the School
- Monitor and track students’ progress within the programme and co-ordinate interventions when necessary
- Responsibility for ensuring transition from the PYP to MYP and from MYP to the Diploma Programme, or PYP to IGCSE and on to A level or IBDP
- Act in accordance with relevant legislation in the PRC, Guangzhou and UK guidelines, with regards to educational provision, health and safety initiatives and safeguarding and ensure that all students and staff maintain these standards
The successful candidate will have an international outlook and an appreciation of the richness that a diversity of cultures and global perspectives brings to a school. He/she will be an all-rounder with strong academic, leadership and administration skills and will have the following capabilities in terms of personal qualities, professional experience and skills:
- Teaching qualification
- Bachelors Degree
- Higher degree (an advantage)
- Recent participation in continuing professional development
- Proven track record of outstanding teaching
- Successful experience at whole-school management (or at least departmental leadership) level, preferably in an IB, DP World School and also UK national curriculum and IGCSE
- Recent experience of managing students from a variety of cultures
- Experience of the IB, DP and/or of IGCSE international education
- A track record of working productively and collaboratively as part of a team to achieve strategic and shared goals
- Proven experience in supporting teachers to deliver curriculum experiences that reflect differentiated learning.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and vision for the future of educational practice
- A passion for education and excellence; ability to inspire colleagues, to accept responsibility, show in their actions and decisions firmness, fairness, consistency and integrity.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the IBDP/IGCSE programmes and of key developments, issues and trends in international education
If you feel that you are what we are looking for, click Apply or send in your resume (MS Word or PDF Format) to Janelle at firstname.lastname@example.org stating your availability and salary expectations.
EA Licence Number: 93C4403
Registration Number: R1435788