Job Title: Production Manager (Production and Quality Assurance)
Job Type: Temp 10 Months, till 31st Dec 2021
Job Location: Pasir Panjang Road or assigned site island wide.
Key Skills: Knowledge in best practices of supply chain management and strategies in Surface
Mount Technology (SMT) operations, Backend Assembly, Logistics and Warehousing.
Our client is the lead agency driving Singapore's Smart Nation initiative and public sector digital transformation. As the Centre of Excellence for Infocomm Technology and Smart Systems (ICT & SS), our client develops the Singapore Government's capabilities in Data Science & Artificial Intelligence, Application Development, Sensors & IoT, Digital Infrastructure, and Cybersecurity.
You will be part of the Covid-19 Taskforce Operations team setup to support the distribution of TraceTogether (TT) tokens to citizens across Singapore (making an impact on lives during this pandemic situation!)
What to Expect
- Oversee the demand, planning of production and delivery schedule.
- Manage and directs the complete supply chain functions with manufacturers.
- Monitor the production rate and supply of the Tokens/gateway from both manufacturers
- Coordinate the delivery and distribution of the Tokens/gateway between the manufacturers, logistics company and distribution centres (which may be operated by
- People’s Association (PA), or outsourced to a vendor)
- Ensure Optimal output per site to achieve optimal capacity.
- Control of production cost and quality.
- Solve any major complaints / issues on TT Tokens/ Gateway.
- Early involvement with new project development.
- Set up and execute an inspection plan to receive the Tokens and ensure that the quantities are delivered according to delivery orders at various sites and according to the quality specified;
- Set up a return process to receive and review Tokens returned (determined if it is a manufacturer’s defect or defect caused by user), train distribution centres on the execution and manage return process;
- Identify the Tokens, differentiate which is the source of manufacturer and negotiate with manufacturer on the Return Material Authorisation (RMA) process. (Engineering knowledge is required);
- Review the return rate, manage quality at source and trigger relevant escalation at various levels with manufacturers;
- Recommend to Director, disposition of return material (scrap or rework; replace, bill or write off) based on technical and commercial assessment; and
- Follow up commercially on the RMA process to recover from manufacturer accordingly based on disposition.
- Design new system to improve the product life cycle and Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM).
- Identify and report on potential failures with preventive action.
How to Succeed
- Diploma / bachelor’s degree in engineering
- At least 5 years of experience in managing Electronics Manufacturing Service (EMS) subcontractor.
- Knowledge in best practices of supply chain management and strategies in Surface
- Mount Technology (SMT) operations, Backend Assembly, Logistics and Warehousing.
Scope of work include the running of
a. Quality Assurance
b. Quality Control
c. DOE / Continuous improvement
- Competent in quality engineering review
- Failure mode and effects analysis (FMEA)
- Fault tree analysis/Root cause analysis
- Familiar with use of MS Office
- Competent in planning and problem solving
- Able to work independently and contribute as a team player
- Demonstrate good judgment while under pressure
- Able to work with sense of urgency while paying attention to detail
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
If interested, please share your updated CV in word format at [email protected] stating your salary expectations to take it forward.
To expedite processing, you can lodge your application directly at https://www.rmaconsultants.com.sg/employment/registerjobseeker.aspx or https://bit.ly/expeditejobappl
RMA Consultants Pte Ltd
EA License No. 93C4403
EA Regn. No. R1872602