Job Title: Senior QA Engineer-Communications
Job Type: 6 Months.
Location: Central Singapore
Chip Testing and Approval Services team operates as part of the Chip & EMV Solutions Product Development group, under the leadership of the Senior VP of Digital and Developer Platform (DDP)
The Chip Testing and Approval Services team aims to be a one-stop shop for the testing and approval of company's contact and contactless chip payment products for payment devices, cards and mobile. We achieve this by assessing and thoroughly analysing company’s business requirements and develop the testing and approval processes and procedures to be implemented internally and externally at recognized laboratories. The Approval Services team provides support to company’s technology and business communities on emerging technologies and is responsible for creating and implementing the testing and approval process for chip products as new chip technologies are identified.
This Senior QA Engineer (Communications) position in Chip Testing and Approval Services will be the main point of contact for chip payment products manufacturers (card, device and mobile) worldwide to bridge the communication between the external parties and the internal Approval Services’ team and Functional Test Labs for the submissions, testing and approvals of these products. The candidate will be an EMV and Chip Payment subject-matter-expert in the entire organization and will support chip payment product manufacturers in the testing and approval process of their products for conformance to functional and interoperability requirements
The candidate shall work within the Chip Testing and Approval Services team in the fulfilment of their duties under tight timelines, changing deliverables and additional projects as they occur.
A candidate with technical background in IC (integrated circuit) chips or EMV or company’s chip payment technologies is preferred
- Support chip payment products (cards, payment devices, mobile devices) through the Approval Services’ testing and approval process
- Support, build and maintain trusted partnerships with internal counterparts or stakeholders within the Approval Services or EMV Solutions team and external partners within the Digital Mobile Payment teams, regions or test facilities by contributing as chip product testing and approval process expert
- Become familiar with EMV Specifications, Smart Debit Credit Specifications, Contactless
- Payment Specifications, Mobile Payment Specifications, related test plans, and testing requirements.
- Add value to the testing and approval process by insightful and thoughtful questioning, offering new ideas, consider risks and delivering solutions
- Work with partners to keep internal and external parties up to date on products undergoing the testing and approval process
- Communicate clearly all risks and/or issues to management providing solutions and options
- Offer guidance to and work closely with team members and peers within the Chip Testing & Approval Services team
- Actively participate in cross-disciplinary working groups and collaborate closely with colleagues from the wider Digital and Developer Platform group.
- Support appropriate vendor and partner relationships and internal service level agreements to facilitate daily workflow
- Most activities in this role will involve balancing multiple stakeholder needs on top of organizational imperatives and enterprise goals and involve change management competency
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science / Information Technology / Engineering (or equivalent work experience) will be required
- Minimum 4 years of professional working experience in product testing (QA or relevant) process management or execution.
- Excellent written and oral business communications skills in English, with strong analytical skills
- Meticulous with good organization skills to maintain records and documents associated with the contracts and product approvals
- Process and procedures oriented with strong attention to details and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, participate in special assignments, and provide ad hoc support as required
- Knowledge of EMV or payment schemes’ testing or certification process for chip payment products will be preferred
- Strong results-oriented team member; analytic and fact-based consultative discipline
- Experience working in a matrix organization and with cross-border counterparts
- Self-starter and results oriented, with desire, motivation and ability to expand current skills and explore new skills
- Knowledge in the testing and/or certification process of the following will be an added advantage:
- Contact and/or Contactless Chip Acceptance Devices, Cards, or Mobile type approval and certification process
- Smart Debit and Credit payment applications
- Integrated Circuit Specification and/or Contactless Payment Specification
- EMVCand/or GlobalPlatform specifications
- IS7816 and IS14443 standards for card, device, mobile device, or other form factors.
- If interested, please share your resume at [email protected] stating your salary expectations & availability to take it forward.
To expedite processing, you can lodge your application directly at https://www.rmaconsultants.com.sg/employment/registerjobseeker.aspx or https://bit.ly/expeditejobappl
RMA Consultants Pte Ltd
EA License No. 93C4403
EA Regn. No. R1872602