Job Title: Shipwright Superintendent
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: 45, Gul Road
Report to (Position): GMO
It is a global multi-disciplinary contractor who undertakes the engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and onshore pre-commissioning & commissioning of offshore topside modules and facilities for FPSOs (floating production storage and offloading vessels), FSOs (floating storage and offloading vessels), FLNGs (floating liquefied natural gas vessels), FSRUs (floating storage and regasification units) and Fixed Platforms, as well as onshore modules for land-based plants for the hydrocarbons industry.
Job Scope: Rigging / Lifting Superintendent
The Rigging Superintendent will be responsible for:
- Safety of all personnel
- Ensuring all rigging and lifting activities comply with OHSE manual and applicable regulations
- Ensuring that lifting equipment and personnel are planned and set up to execute lifting activities in accordance with project schedules.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure the safe and efficient deployment of all assigned personnel and equipment
- Provide direction and make decisions in pursuit of the project goals and objectives Seek guidance from HOD, Construction Manager or others as necessary before making critical decisions
- Work with other projects' personnel to ensure the most efficient use of equipment across the facility
- Ensure all personnel have been competency assessed and hold the necessary skill levels and knowledge to perform tasks assigned
- Ensure all equipment and machinery being used is functioning properly and has the required certification and colour coding in place.
- Ensure the safe use and operation of all manner of lifting, pulling, skidding and hoisting equipment Ensure work areas are maintained in a clean and orderly manner
- Identify, stop and immediately correct unsafe acts or conditions
- Ensure plant and equipment is made available for scheduled inspection and maintenance
- Forecast tools and equipment requirements for the scope of work being undertaken Report equipment faults and breakdowns verbally and formally to the maintenance department
- Assist and advise in the preparation of construction methods and lifting plans. Prepare Task Risk Assessments as required
- Participate in Toolbox Talks
- Give clear and concise instructions to team members and follow up to ensure safe and timely execution. Hold members of the rigging team accountable for work performance as per their roles and responsibilities.
- Contribute to the Continuous Improvement Process within the operation of the rigging department
- Monitor productivity and schedule performance and be pro-active in investigating the reasons for poor performance and implementing corrective measures Demonstrate good planning and organization in day to day activities Set professional standards of behavior
Other Duties include:
- Contribute to overall construction plans by considering efficient and effective methods of executing the work.
- Attend meetings as required, on time and prepared
- Share the workload of other rigging supervisors as well as HOD during leave rotations. Mentor, train and assess international personnel under his/her control. Listen to and evaluate any employee concerns.
- 8-10 years of experience in similar role
- Degree / Diploma
- Preferable from Marine Industry.
Working hours – 7.45am to 4.45pm (M-F), 7.45am to 11.45am (sat)
If interested, please share your updated CV in word format at [email protected] stating your salary expectations & availability to take it forward.
To expedite processing, you can lodge your application directly at https://www.rmaconsultants.com.sg/employment/registerjobseeker.aspx or https://bit.ly/expeditejobappl
RMA Consultants Pte Ltd
EA License No. 93C4403
EA Regn. No. R1872602