1. Shall be responsible for the engagement and negotiation of work with contractors.
2. To ensure the awarded price is within the budget or to achieve the optimum price level to increase profitability for the company.
3. To handle all required legal documents with respect to Letter of Indemnity, Workmen Insurances, Bankers Guarantees, etc.
4. To check that all supporting documents are attached to the PR, if otherwise, to return to requestor.
5. To check that PR has budget (positive) indicated, if otherwise, to return to requestor.
6. To be familiar with Ministry of Manpower regulations concerning sub-contracting work from Companies using foreign workers.
7. To prepare and compile all required information for contractors to submit accurate quotations including cost estimation.
8. To follow up with contractor's quotations, negotiate and issue Works Order within the shortest possible time.
9. To liaise with Production Departments on subcontracting matters, keep abreast of contractor's performances and progress.
10. To handle complaints from Production Departments as and when required concerning poor progress or quality work from contractors.
11. To ensure all supporting information are duly attached to the PR to ensure fast and smooth process of WO.
12. To handle any additional Claims or Contract Variations from contractors.
13. To keep abreast of subcontracting news in the market on current market pricing and trends.
14. To ensure accurate information is prepared prior to issuance of Works Order o contractors.
15. To handle the evaluation and assessment of contractors and their facilities in the form of audit if required.
16. To verify that details of contractors invoices are correct and as per Works Order issued. Any invoices discrepancies/incomplete information shall be retuned to Accounts Department.
To advise the Reporting Officer of any recommendation to the listing or delisting of Resident Contractors.
17. To attend to any subcontracting related matters as and when delegated by the Manager / VP.
18. To attend project and internal meetings.
EA Licence No: 93C4403 Regn No: R1980925