Instrumentation and Controls Engineer - Oil and Gas MNC (Contract-West)
Our Client is a Fortune 500 Company and is one of the largest integrated refiners, marketer of petroleum products and chemical manufacturers in the world.
• Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
• Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the project's goals, objectives, and procedures.
• Assures accurate and timely communication among the Project Team and other Company functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
• Facilitate and coordinate discipline engineering technical work products
• Coordination and communication of various issues among the company's and contractor's engineering team that affect the discipline engineering design, safety, and regulatory compliance of the work
• Evaluate / comment work performed by the Contractor and sub-contractors to insure that the work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements. Includes review of discipline design drawings and documents
• Identify and assess deviations to Contract Technical Specifications and regulatory requirements; ensure that such deviations will be processed according to project procedures; maintains Deviation Control Log.
• Steward discipline engineering queries from the Contractor and sub-contractors as well as technical information requests
• Keep Lead Engineer or Engineering Manager informed of discipline engineering progress, deviations, and execution concerns
• Participate in discipline engineering reviews at Contractor's and subcontractor's locations
• Drives and promotes capital efficiency in engineering design
• Support internal engineering general interest or Global Practice initiatives as requested by Supervisor should contingencies arise.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent professional experience
• At least 5 years of related experience
• Honeywell and/or Yokogawa DCS, Windows and network architecture knowledge
• Broad knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
• Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
8 Kaki Bukit Avenue 1